When I was giving Julian a bath I had noticed that a portion of the caulk was separating from the tub. So I decided to do some research online and after reading some tips I decided to tackle the project before mold started growing in the dry wall.
I had it planned brilliantly in my head. Saturday night after my shower I would scrape off the old caulk with a screwdriver and spray the space with bleach. Let it dry overnight. And then Sunday morning I would caulk the tub and the job would be done. Only it didn’t happen that way.
Saturday night I took my shower and then began to scrape the caulk with the screwdriver but it didn’t budge. I maybe got a one inch piece off. So I began doing some more research and it recommended using a spray to soften the caulk. So Sunday morning while Dueber was at work Julian and I headed over to the hardware store. I bought the spray and this cool little tool. I sprayed the tub and waited for Julian to take his nap to start scraping. And then this happened…
After some intense scraping using blades, screwdrivers, and new tool I finally removed all of the caulk. I sprayed the tub with bleach and let it dry overnight. The next day I caulked the tub and while it looks a little scary at least no water will be seeping into the walls.